Longhouse Daytrip Experience
Annah Rais Longhouse is a Bidayuh settlement some 60 km south of Kuching city. Situated at the foothill of Borneo Highlands along the mountain range marking Sarawak’s border with Kalimantan Indonesia, this is the most accessible longhouse experience from Kuching. Featuring a sprawling longhouse on both sides of the river, a strong community of Bidayuhs or Land Dayaks continue to reside here maintaining their agrarian lifestyle.
- Land transfers (Surcharge applies for hotels outside of Kuching City)
- Entrance fee
- An English speaking guide
- Drinking water
- Please note this tour will carry a surcharge should your requested dates fall on Public Holiday. For more information please go to our FAQ’s page for more information regarding public Holidays and surcharges.
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic or canned beverages
- Any other items not listed above
- Gratuities to local staff (at your discretion)
Anah Rais Longhouse
Pick up from hotel for your 1½ hour road journey to Anah Rais Longhouse. This road trip takes you past the bustling 10th Mile Bazaar and the picturesque Padawan countryside with dramatic limestone hill outcrops, quaint villages and farmlands.
Explore this established Bidayuh settlement beside a fresh tropical rainforest stream and get acquainted with the culture of the Land Dayaks. Gone are their old practice of headhunting although skulls can still be seen in their baruk or headhouse used now for community gatherings. You will also get a chance to sample some local fare including a glass or two of local rice wine before enjoying a home cooked lunch. After lunch, we bid farewell and make our way back to your hotel in Kuching.
Wear comfortable full cover trekking/walking shoes; light clothing; still and/or video cameras; swimming suit/trunk or shorts, bath towel, change of clothes, suntan lotion, hat, insect repellant.