Borneo Diving – Sipadan & Mabul Beach Resort Dive
In 1988, while filming Ghost of the Sea Turtles documentary off the waters of Sipadan, the legendary Jacques Yves Cousteau exclaimed, “I have seen other places like Sipadan 45 years ago, but now no more. Now we have found an untouched piece of art”.
“Jump off your boat, put your mask underwater and gasp. If you don’t see a Turtle in the first sweep of a gaze that can take in tens of metres of clear water it will be only minutes before one passes. Look straight below you and there is a good chance you will see a Shark sleeping on a ledge. Look in front of you into a cloud of brightly coloured fish that twist and turn in the light – but beware of the one that looks like a child’s cutout of a fish”. By Martin Spice of The Telegraph
- Scheduled Transfer to & from Mabul Beach Resort
- Activities as listed above
- Dive guide (maximum 4 divers per guide)
- Full equipment rental (excluding dive computer)
- Meals – Full Board & Coffee/Tea/Water
- Accommodation at Mabul Beach Resort as listed above
- Sipadan Permit Fee
- Malaysian Tourism Tax @ RM10/room/night
- 3% Credit Card Service Charge (if applicable)
- Semporna Jetty Fee RM11.00
- Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Drinks from Bar (payable by Cash Only)
- Night Dives
- Airport to Jetty Transfers @ RM45/pax on twin sharing basis payable to driver
- High Season Supplement (where applicable)
- Single Occupancy Supplement (where applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Any items not listed above
- Gratuities for local staff (at your discretion)
Depart Semporna for Mabul Island on the scheduled 8 am boat transfer. Check-in to your accommodation at Mabul Beach Resort and proceed for briefing, and registration. There will be 3 dives in Mabul waters on your first day of arrival.
Mabul & Kapalai
Spend your second day enjoying the trappings of Mabul Beach Resort with an exciting 3 dives in the Mabul & Kapalai waters with your diving guide.
Perhaps the highlight of your trip, be mesmerized by your scheduled 4 dives at Sipadan with your diving guide. Spend the rest of the day enjoying island life on Mabul.
Back to Semporna.
An early start sees you enjoying your last day with 3 more dives in the Mabul & Kapalai waters with your diving guide before taking the 4 pm boat transfer back to Semporna.