Borneo Diving – Sipadan, Kapalai & Mabul Beach Resort Dive
In Sipadan, you scuba dive with the swirling tornado-like formation of Barracudas, the Big-eye Trevallies, the thousands Silver Jacks, giant size Parrot Fishes, the numerous Turtles and many others such as Manta and Eagle Rays, Tunas, Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, Whale Sharks and 3000 other species of fish.
Listed at the top of Rodale’s Scuba Diving Magazine Gold List for ‘The Top Dive Destination in the World’ Sipadan was gazetted a marine park in 2005, to protect its marine life. Visitors may no longer stay on the Island and diving has been restricted to only 120 persons per day, safeguarding this precious piece of art.
Visitors today base themselves on nearby Mabul and Kapalai Islands, both having gained recognition as world-class dive sites in their own right.
- Scheduled Transfer to & from Mabul Beach Resort
- Activities as listed above
- Dive guide (maximum 4 divers per guide)
- Full equipment rental (excluding dive computer)
- Meals – Full Board & Coffee/Tea/Water
- Accommodation at Mabul Beach Resort as listed above
- Sipadan Permit Fee
- Malaysian Tourism Tax @ RM10/room/night
- 3% Credit Card Service Charge (if applicable)
- Semporna Jetty Fee RM11.00
- Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Drinks from Bar (payable by Cash Only)
- Night Dives
- Airport to Jetty Transfers @ RM45/pax on twin sharing basis payable to driver
- High Season Supplement (where applicable)
- Single Occupancy Supplement (where applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Any items not listed above
- Gratuities for local staff (at your discretion)
Depart Semporna for Mabul Island on the scheduled 2:30 pm boat transfer. Check-in to your accommodation at Mabul Beach Resort and proceed for briefing and registration.
World beneath the surface.
Commence your diving holiday with your first 3 dives with your diving guide. A relaxing way to re-orientate yourself to the world beneath the surface.
Mabul & Kapalai
Venturing out further afield, you will enjoy 3 dives in the waters off Mabul & Kapalai Islands with your diving guide
Continue your discovery of the area with 3 dives in the Mabul & Kapalai waters with your diving guide. The rest of the time sees you soaking in the idyllic island life.
Exploring new sites as well as revisiting some, you spend Day 5 immersing in the beauty of the Mabul/Kapalai marina habitat knowing that the day that follows will be distinctly different.
Perhaps the highlight of your trip, be mesmerized by your scheduled 4 dives at Sipadan with your diving guide. Spend the rest of the day enjoying island life on Mabul.
Back to Semporna.
The conclusion of your fabulous week as a diver and beachcomber sees you on board the 10:30 am boat transfer back to Semporna.