Bario Wildlife Trek (7D6N)
This special trek takes you deep into the Borneo rainforest from the Kelabit Highland settlement of Bario through various different tropical forest types with an abundance of flora and fauna.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Discovery, Trekking
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
This special trek takes you deep into the Borneo rainforest from the Kelabit Highland settlement of Bario through various different tropical forest types with an abundance of flora and fauna. Also scattered throughout this area, are the curious Megaliths, ancient rock carved monuments, which make for interesting visits. Your overnight stays in jungle camp shelters, affords the special chance for spotting wildlife such as birds, deers, cats, monkeys and gibbons and also an opportunity to enjoy some river fishing. The unique salt leak here is as important to the Kelabits for the production of their famous highland salt as it is for the animals frequenting the area making this an excellent ‘Wildlife Trek’. Scale Prayer Mountain before daybreak to enjoy the sunrise and magnificent vistas the following day upon your return from the jungle and spend the rest of the day relaxing or explore more of Bario on a bicycle. A sumptuous BBQ dinner marks the end of your stay in this highland sanctuary.
- Airfare from Miri – Bario – Miri
- Transfers to & from Bario Airport
- Homestay accommodation for 3 nights on twin sharing basis
- Jungle camping for 3 nights
- Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners as specified
- English speaking host/leader
- English speaking jungle guide, cook and porter during camping days
- Use of bicycles on the self-discovery tour
- 1 BBQ dinner
- Please note this tour will carry a surcharge should your requested dates fall on Public Holiday. For more information please go to our FAQ’s page for more information regarding public Holidays and surcharges.
- Alcoholic or canned beverages
- Any other items not listed above
- Gratuities to local staff (at your discretion)