Bario Discovery (5D4N)
The Kelabit recognisable via their dissapearing old practice of elongating their ears through the wearing of heavy brass bauble earrings, comprise one of the smallest ethnic groups in Sarawak living in the remote highland areas in the northern reaches of Sarawak. Escape with us to the beauty and serenity of the cool Kelabit Highlands and discover Bario from the comforts of our cosy homestay. Go on an exciting 4WD trip to neighbouring village for a picnic lunch by the river and spotlight for nocturnal creatures on the way back. The next day, take a hike through lush Heath Forest to an idyllic neighboring village for lunch and enjoy a boat ride back to Bario along the Debpur River. On you final full day, an early morning challenge awaits as you trek up ‘Prayer Mountain’ to enjoy sunrise and vistas of the rolling hills over Bario followed by a relaxing rest of the day on a bicycle self-discovery tour of Bario and it surrounds. You might also like to visit the once nomadic Penan people at their settlement. A sumptuous BBQ dinner marks the end of your stay in this highland paradise.
- Airfare from Miri – Bario – Miri
- Transfers to & from Bario Airport
- Homestay accommodation for 4 nights on twin sharing basis
- Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners as specified
- English speaking host/leader
- Daily guided treks except on the bicycle self-discovery tour
- Use of bicycles on the self-discovery tour
- 1 BBQ dinner
- Please note this tour will carry a surcharge should your requested dates fall on Public Holiday. For more information please go to our FAQ’s page for more information regarding public Holidays and surcharges.
- Alcoholic or canned beverages
- Any other items not listed above
- Gratuities to local staff (at your discretion)